Tuesday 21 August 2007

Life, an apology

A very nice man from Southwark Council leaves a message on my voicemail asking me to call me back. When I do I find that he is just as concerned as I am, it seems, to get the crossing back up and running but, of course, things are not so simple. The work has been slowed down by the rain and yes, it's Transport for London who have to turn the traffic signals on. So the poor man is stuck with one of those problems familiar to anyone who has ever done any work that involves the carpet-layers coming after the plasters coming in after the electricians...

Which leaves me feeling still very angry with, with, with...who do I get angry with? It seems that perhaps I expect too much of the world and that life is never going to meet up to my exacting standards. Should I lower them, or just find something else to moan about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear EoEoE,
I'm very pleased you contacted Southwark about their crossing. Well, whoever's. And don't be down on this stuff. You weren't to know that the guy responsible was one of us, but now you do. Rejoice!
Yours, Mar

Ian Babb said...

It seems like some things never change! I lowered my expectations a long time ago.